Thursday, November 1

My name is not Norhayati

"Okay Norhayati, the baby is still high now, so you don't push yet okay"...."My name is NOT Norhayati, my name is Noratikah!!"

Begitulah antara scene-scene yang menarik that went on in the labour room while Atikah was in labour, but if you hear Arman's version, or more like its the way Arman tells it, it sounded so funny and painless. Anyone whose been through labour would understand the 'Eh-sut-up-you-if-I-feel-like-pushing-I'll-push-okay'. Arman had been in the room since morning, and had not been to the toilet, and badly needed to go. Toilet pulak kat bawah, on a different floor. So he told the doctor that he needed to go, doctor kata takpa can go lambat lagi baby nak keluaq. He came back, Alia was out already...and he missed the whole "bloody" birth.

Alia looks like Arman (pictures to follow after I download it from Kam's phome), and can not be anywhere near Aunty Yuz. Aunty Yuz's suuden bursts of laughter would wake her up. Arman can't even sleep in the same room with her as his one-man-band sounds keep her awake.

Nur Alia (T-car, I hope the spelling is correct) is truly a rojak baby. Arman is Indian Muslim, T-car is half Chinese and the other half is a mix of Jawa, Mat Salleh and Melayu. But when Arman went to register Alia, her race was put as Melayu. Person at the counter, upon checking the documents then said "Cik, bangsa tak boleh letak Melayu lah, kena letak India Muslim". Which means Alia is not a Bumi. Funny lah our registration department because our darling Taufiq being half Chinese and half Malay is Melayu. Arman said, "Takpalah Cik, kalau macam tu saya nak tukaq spelling nama dia...Noor Allleeeyyaa" Of course he didn't do that lah, just wanted to describe how funny Arman is.

Coming back to Arman, I got to know Arman when I was in Matric 2. We spent a lot of our nights together....Ha! Ha! Ha! Together with 2 other amazing friends, Afiza and Kumaran. We were in our hostel's (or Desasiswa in USM) debating team. As Matric students we were all placed in Desa Gemilang, we were Gemilang's debating team. We had to fight all the other desa's debating team, and turned out champions. Imagine, satu USM, budak Matric menang. We then had to represent USM in the Nationals. Of course lah tak leh menang when faced with the likes of Malik Imtiaz Sarwar (who represented UIA). Nasib baik Alwi tak represent UM that year. We were happy that we got that far. Arman was the first speaker, and kept it all together pretty much most of the time...very witty and unpredictable. For example, I will say "Arman, I don't know how to keep a straight face when talking to you" and he'll say "Ok, I will bring a ruler".

Anyways, as we won at the Uni. level, MAS awarded us with tickets to anywhere in Malaysia, we get to pilih, of course we went for Kota Kinabalu, Sabah. It was an experience I shall never forget. We climbed Mount Kinabalu together.

Last night I got a call from Afiza, it was a very pleasant surprise. She told me that one day out of boredom, she decided to google Asuki's name and found...Bicara Lelaki, and from there found all of us, including you Yana. It took her a while to figure out siapa Dino Dame was, but Afeez is smart. She also found out that T-car was pregnant, then decided to give T-car a call. Out of boredom she also does subtitles for Astro. So Afeez, next time you venture to our blogs, jangan malu dan segan, you have now been properly introduced. In fact, I am not surprised if you have your own blog.

Afeez, perhaps we should track down Kumaran as well. Last I heard, he was doing his Masters in UH/UM. He approached my sister Kak Idah, who is also working in UH and told her that he knows me and have actually met Kak Idah when we were all in UM for the debate. We can all have a get together, so Arman when are you coming to KL? Now that you are in between jobs (Arman's version of in between jobs, not the same as all you jhoras ok).

Okay, I need to go off tangent now, and I'm sorry if my thoughts for this particular blog is not quite coherent. I'm just writing so that I will not forget things when I'm much older (hopefully I don't forget how to read by that time). Arman's brother, Kak Idah and Alwi all stayed in the same Kolej kat UM dulu, and Kak Idah actually accidentally broke Arman's brother's finger once. Apparently Alwi was the President and Kak Idah being his girlfriend was the first lady. It was a tradition there to throw the first lady into the fish pond or something obscured like that. And Arman's brother and his friends were doing just that, carrying Kak Idah to be thrown in the pond. She struggled so much that she broke his finger.

20 comments:

Yuz said...

On behalf of T-car yang malu nak letak her own comments...
My name is NOT Nur Alia, but Noralia.

Ohh...forgot to mention that Arman wanted to name her Lisa Marie at first, he even suggested to put a Nur in front to make it sound more Malay.

Kam then suggested kalau nak lagi Melayu letaklah nama Nurlisa Marieam

Unknown said...

My wife may be a little shy to put down her comments for posterity here...but I am not. First things first, since Yuz has 'outed' me to the avid readers of this wonderful blog, I feel the need to address something. Contrary to Yuz's description of me which may make me come across as a silly, goofballish, joke-a-minute blathering idiot, I want to make it known I am actually a stern, no-nonsense, reserved, contemplative intellectual. Come to think of it, this is blatant SLANDER! Knew all bloggers spewed nothing but malicious lies, lies and lies..Gonna sue you Yuz for ruining my good name and reputation! See you in a kangaroo court soon! OK, OK, 786 theatrics aside, I find it immensely cool that my family is 'immortalized' in this wonderful blog. Thanks Yuz...now at least I have somewhere else to point my browser instead of just reading about the daily misdeeds of one Ms. Spears. Was thinking of starting my own blog, but my aversion to technology has been a major stumbling block (I still vehemently believe that each time you are photographed, a part of your soul is captured and lost forever, I mean, how can it not?). But the idea of writing my daily ramblings longhand on pieces of paper then making copies and distributing them around doesn't really sound like fun now does it? Hope the pics of Alia turn out ok....will put in my 2 cents on that later....

Yuz said...

Welcome Arman. Please, please blog! Oh yes please :-)

Maybe I should also post a blog on our Mount Kinabalu climb, when you didn't quite make it to the top, not quite...The hills are alive, with the sound of music...aahhhh.

Unknown said...

Yeah, Yuz....thanks a bunch...dredge up the past why don't you? To paraphrase Pacino, "Just when I thought I got over the whole sleeping with the rocks incident, you pull me back in!".

Come to think of it, the only thing I learnt from that trip to Kinabalu was never ever make fun of girls wearing oversized ear muffs!

Mmmmm...Sound of Music? Why don't I feel better? :-p

Yuz said...

Who is this oversized ear muffs girl? T-car I don't know this minah, she must be part of Arman's hallucinations in his sub hypothermia state...sleeping with the rocks!! Ha! Ha! No photo of that...sayang.
But photos I will show...for all to see.

Yuz said...

Hyper or hypo ah?

Yuz said...

Afiza Adlin Adnan!! Where are you?

Matapena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dino dame said...

don't worry arman,i don't believe a word yuz said about you.i will suture her mouth so that she can't say anything in court when you sue her.(you give me some share of the money can ah?)

omg!how could the doctor call atikah by the wrong name!if i was her i would just kick him in the face.i'm sure he was already in the perfect position for t-car to do so.story was kelakar anyway.

afiza...sooo sorry i forgot to reply your text asking for yuz's number.i wanted to ask you which one to give you as she has 2 numbers.i forgot to ask yuz hence i forgot to reply your text.thousand apologies!

dino dame said...

typical mata pena.this post was not about you!not about you!

Unknown said...

The idea of suturing Yuz's lips to keep her quiet? If you are able to do that Dino Dame, you will get the lion's share of the winnings! If only la kan.....

Anyway, it wasn't the hapless doctor who called T-Car by the wrong name. It was this elderly motherly maternity ward nurse who was otherwise a blessing to have in those tumultuous times.

And to Mata Pena, yes we have met, at the very least 3 times now. Makes me wonder how insipidly unmemorable I must be in real life!

Afiza, if you are reading this, please talk some sense into Yuz and convince her not to publish photos which may potray us, ok... ok, me, in an unfavourable light!

Anonymous said...

Afiza Adlin Adnan is alive and kicking….

Thanks Yuz, for posting this for me. My office blocks a lot of stuff on the internet…
I can read the blogs, but I can’t see any of the pics…. And obviously I can’t post comments either…

Stumbling upon BicaraLelaki, and later finding out about Yuz’s Yuih, was fun! In a way, it’s helped me to catch up on what you guys have been up to, once I had figured out who’s who… This was why I tak terkejut badak when Arman SMSed that T-Car had delivered. I’d found out she was pregnant on BicaraLelaki.

Kinabalu was amazing!!! Maybe we should have reunion climb or something… anyone game for that? Remember how unprepared we were? We had to go buy warm clothes at a pasar malam, and had to get ourselves the very technical, canggih and warm satu-ringgit cotton gardening gloves…. which offered no protection whatsoever. Not a single one of us had a backpack, and we had to borrow Claurence’s brother’s schoolbag! A certain stern, no-nonsense, reserved and contemplative gentleman had a hard time on the climb up, but to be fair, we did stick him with the schoolbag containing our Milo, Maggi mee and sardines… And a foreign tourist took pity on Kumaran who was already menggigil kesejukan, and he gave Kumaran his jacket, right? The red one he was wearing in the photos? Ah, the memories… the seedy rumah tumpangan we stayed in, the very nice bus/van driver who helped us look for a hotel on our last night… The lock on someone’s luggage had to be hacked, right? Kunci hilang or something. Can’t remember whose… I can’t remember the girl with the ear muffs either… Arman, siapa minah tu?

Yuz, I think we all met your Kak Idah when we were at UM… I vaguely remember some conversation about her hantaran being sent in car hubcaps or something like that…

Yana – no worries. All is fine…

I’m definitely going to be doing a lot more blog-reading, that’s for sure!
Bila nak buat get-together ni?

Yuz said...

the driver went from one cheap hotel to another, and the rest of you had to wait in the van, and the yuz a.k.a. mountain goat had to go and check the rates. in the end we managed to find one room with an attached bathroom that afiza and i shared. arman and kumaran got the cheaper one..without the bathroom sebab diorang macho and for security reasons, it ade more sense for afiza and i to get the bathroom.

but our room had a tv and a channel with...adult movies. not bad for rm40 a night, which is considered mahal.

you all ingat tak the place we stayed before mount kk. it was like a rumah tumpangan cum rumah urut...very dodgy.

Matapena said...

Arman - yes we've met. Yuz reminded me just now of that. And I am sorry for not remembering. Maybe because we met in Penang.

Afiza Adlin Adnan - Hi! Great to know the blog was of great help to you! Typos aside, of course. And I hope to see u too. I know I haven't met you yet!

dino dame said...

afeez,i'm not an adventurous person but i can give it a go.and if i get semput or something you guys have to carry me up :)

arman,if you say i get a lion's share then i will suture yuz's mouth.i just have to drug her first because there was once i covered her mouth with my hand and she was still talking and laughing a the same time!
oh,i'll do it without anaesthetic too.

Yuz said...

Yana, sorry tak ingat, but did I lick/bite your hands as you were covering it up? It just seems like the sort of thing that I'd do if someone were to cover my mouth.

Anonymous said...

Hello, you site is very funny he told me to cheer up .. Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

PRILIGY(DAPOXETINE) has been found to be safe and effective for the treatment of premature

ejaculation, according to two major clinical trials. Dapoxetine is a short-acting

selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI).

Anonymous said...

Good Article
http://www.medcareforyou.com/product/actonel/

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol with paypal tramadol online next day delivery - buy tramadol overnight shipping