Friday, November 9

Happy Birthday Kakak

Happy Birthady Kakak!! Kakak also celebrates her birthday today. Our parents started and ended on the same day...exactly 10 years apart. Kakak 9/11/62 and Yuz 9/11/72 (Yeah! That's what 10 years apart mean). Kakak once told me, "Yuz, every turn of a decade for you would be just like it was for me...10 years ago".

I once asked Mama when I was very little...like 7 years old or something, "Mama kenapa Yuz kena share birthday dengan kakak? Tiap-tiap tahun kena share cake. Kenapa kena share? Kak Adek dengan Kak Idah tak share pun" Don't know why I complained, its not that I liked eating cake.

When I turned 5 and Kakak turned 15, she baked a cake for us. Cake tu siap ada cream lagi. Come to think of it, Kak Adek and Kak Idah also baked me a birthday cake when I turned 13. That cake ada dark chocolate topping. They sprinkled chopped almonds over it. It was delicious. That year I invited a few friends over for my birthday and Kak Adek/Kak Idah organised the games, my friends and I had a great time. Its really great to know that you have sisters who will always be there for you.

Coming back to my question to Mama...she said "Yuz kena share dengan Kakak sebab you were born on the same day, you can not change that. Ramai orang nak share birthday macam ni tau, Kak Adek dengan Kak Idah pun nak share kalau boleh" She then told me how a lot of people were amazed about our birth dates that when I was born, a few of the non-Muslim nurses in the hospital wanted to buy numbers sebab "manyak ong". That made me feel special, and now sharing the birthday is no longer an issue for me, everyone in the family tend to not forget...well actually yang selalu lupa birth dates are only Kak Idah and I. And Kak Idah can't forget our birthdays because tomorrow is her anniversary :-)

Anyways Happy Birthday Kakak. May you have another great year. Thanks a lot for all the "baby"ing all these years. You know that you have not stopped right? Love you lots.

9 comments:

Siti Khadijah said...

Never will I guess :)

Matapena said...

Ye Kakak, happy birthday to u too. We shud be celebrating but circumstances got in the way. What to do.

ewnict said...

HAPPY BURFDAY Kak yuz...well, typical me...i missed called u from alfy's phone (coz i still haven't paid up celcom) but i guess no luck at all....since u didnt return the call.

anyways, hope it was a good one....
hmm..nasib baik kak idah and kak adek picked the right dark tone for the chocolate topping...otherwise you'd have shared the same fate as ebi...but then to come to think of it..the cake had nothing to do with the colour your skin turns out to be...ebi just needed to put the blame on something. sigh.

yangfaz said...

I think I remember all of us having borthday cakes at one time. I think it was Kakak's and Yuz's birthday but Idah and I wanted cakes as well.

I baked you a cake? Are you sure Yuz! tak ingatlah....
organised games as well... gosh I really did not remember that...

Thanks Yuz for reminding..we really had good times then ya! and of course you will always be our youngest "sistah" ....

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Yuz & Kak Nina

Yuz said...

nani, there's something that you should know...a good habit of mine (goodlah cause it suits me). i never return missed calls from unidentified number. if its all that important, the person will either call back or leave a message. if people don't leave a message that means its a matter of life and death that must be sorted out there and then, so kalau can't get through to me, they will go call someone else.

in your case, my phone didn't register a miss call from alfy's number, did he change his number? i would have called him back because he hardly calls me :-)

Yuz said...

Ija,
Thanks...can't wait for next year's birthday when I turn 21 again :-)

Yuz said...

Kak Adek,
I think there is a picture of that cake somewhere.

Nani,
Actually while I was telling the cake story...Ebi's incident with the chocolate cake did come to my mind, but instead of pointing it out, I wanted to see how many people will actually be jhora enough to mention it. Nani jhor!!

Must go to your restaurant one of these days....I think its a good place to entertain clients as well.

Matapena said...

I never ever want to mention THAT cake! Period!