Wednesday, October 31

Bergumbira tepuk tangan sama-sama

I've just heard from my boss that the new position for me also means that I go up a notch in my grade...yeah!!!

He also told me that at the Global Reservoir Seismic Services (RSS...that's my dept) Business Meeting that he attended last week, he presented that one of the threats for next year is losing me to WesternGeco, the other subsidiary of Schlumberger.

Then the President of Data & Consulting Services (that arm of Schlumberger where I'm attached to now) said, "Wait hang on a second, what is Yang going to be doing there?" And my boss explained, and all the time the WesternGeco's President (a big fat and ugly guy...Kam can confirm that) was sitting with his arms folded in front of him and grinning from ear to ear.

Kembang semangkuk sekejap when I heard this...unless my boss was lying lah. Actually what this company doesn't realize yet is that jhoras are essential in any business.

Looking back at why I pilih Odegaard over Jason (I was keen on the Regional Manager position), I never imagined that one day I would be a Global Account Manager for a National Oil Company. Big shoes to wear, and all you jhoras are going to be there to support me and keep me sane....love y'all

12 comments:

Siti Khadijah said...

Jom pi celebrate kat singapore. So happy and proud that my little sister is going up the ladder. Still remember telling Mama "Biarlah Mama dia nak pilih geophysics" many many years ago.

Matapena said...

Wow. Another promotion for you? Wow. Bukan baru naik pangkat ke last year?

Wow.

Yuz said...

ebi, this is not quite a promotion...its a transfer with perks. i've not officially signed the offer letter. i've not even seen it, but my boss being kaypo, has already told me about the higher grade.
i've even seen my new office, westerngeco baru renovate a new part of rohas perkasa to place the whole sales team, and i happened to venture to that part yesterday while visiting my good old aunty k, and the weird thing is, someone has already put my name on one of the doors. and not quite everyone from that team knows about me joining them...so naturally there are going to be a lot of tongue wagging and arm waving today.

Matapena said...

OK that's it, you have a room now? You gonna put one of my aircraft models on the table. Also my mouse pad. And paper weight. And all the other things...

And shall we meet soon for lunch? :)

Congrats again dear...

shopaholic and friends said...

congratulations darling!!

shopaholic and friends said...

but err...ada picture u terkejut dapat the news tak? seriously..i need more colors.

yangfaz said...

Wow..Yuz congrats...We are all very proud of you!

Now you have a room suddenly Ebi wants to give you all the other things...
Ebi you have to be fair..our motto in the family is" give to one must give to all..."

Spoke to Kakak and Idah this morning before their "crying with lots of tissue" this weekend.
I am off to JB this afternoon..have training tomorrow...
Maybe I will go to Sing to visit the ladies before their encounter tomorrow???eeehm...

yangfaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yuz said...

thank you all...i'm going to be in a tender and proposal frenzy/hell for the next one week, so you probably will not hear from me so often.

intan, no terkezut gambar, actually my boss told me only because:
1. my personnel manager has asked me to put in my application for a higher grade.
2. i've looked at the process, and pretty much said to myself "gawd, how am i supposed to do all that and still work, and sleep"
3. i decided not to bother with his request and told my boss so that he knows why if ever the personnel guy tells him to force me to do it.

dino dame said...

congrats yuzzie.jom makan kat juboq lagi?

Matapena said...

Hmm. Why don't I do this. I will give only to those with rooms. Meaning their own rooms:

1. Wall clock
2. B747-400F aircraft model
3. USB hub
4. USB card reader
5. USB mouse

Applications can sent to my blog now...

OK?

dino dame said...

mata pena,i have all except the wall clock...