Tuesday, October 9

My version

As promised, before I write about our bukak posa session, I'd like to tell you my version of the kuih making session at Yana's place on Saturday....up close and personal.

My objectives for the day were:-

Ensure that Dina makes it to her early morning training at CBN.
Ensure that Dania goes for her afternoon training at Bukit Jalil after her mengaji.
Send the car to the workshop in Puchong.
Send Dina's competition leotard to the tailor for altering.
Make sure Dina attends her training in the afternoon at Bukit Jalil.
Make sure Dina brings lunch from home.
Bake cookies with Yana and Kak Ana.
Check angin and air kereta.
Bukak posa at Yana's place

And I managed to do all of it, but had to ask for help from Kakak (who sent Dina to CBN in the morning), Jessie (who took Dania with her to Bukit Jalil, but I had to send Dania to CBN after mengaji), Kak Ana and Ebi (who went with me to the workshop and took me with them to Yana's place) and Yani (who looked after Danial in the car while I brought Dania to CBN, and went up to the tailor's)

When we got to Yana's kitchen, Yana started to delegate the work..I have to say that she is really a pro when it comes to baking and we chose the right place to do it (except for the fact that she didn't have a rolling pin, or she does, but doesn't know where it is). First kuih...jam tart.

Pineapple jam made by Yani. We started to measure the ingredients, hand written in a fragile and old buku resipi, Mama has had it since the 60's. Unfortunately not many instructions, which was why Yana's intuition was great.

First badge...adunan a bit lembik. Yana gave us a tip, we must put the dough in a plastic bag (we used the tepung punya plastic) and give it a good ramas or two. So I did it...and didn't realize that I got some ink (from the label of the flour) on my hands and when I started to play around with the dough, it got dirty, like berdaki like that...very menggelikan. Anyways, we managed, although the cookies came out sebesar muka kitorang (as in the words of Kak Ana) but we will perfect it in time, before we start our business. Jokes aside, they were delicious.

Kak Ana and Yana, just thought that you should know that Mama has never used that acuan that we used. That was a gift from S'pore from her favourite female biras. So, lessons learnt...need a new acuan and a rolling pin.

While the tarts were baking, we lepak-lepak on Yana's newly reupholstered sofa (white colour, make sure kaki bersih kalau nak duduk bersila tau). It was then that Ebi arrived from Kak Idah's and Alwi's place. He was so excited, like can die kalau tak tengok Heroes dan-dan tu jugak. But before that he kept pestering Yana for the wi-fi key. He kept on saying that hexadecimal code, and Yana kept on saying tak tahu. Ebi was so tak puas hati and said "Yana, what if Rahimi goes off somewhere and something happens and you need to know this pin in order to connect?" Kak Ana jawab, "Ebi kalau Rahimi has to go somewhere, of course lah Yana tanya". Then I said, "Alah Ebi, kalau Rahimi tak ada and Yana needs to reestablish connection she can ask Efi to help" which is true, Efi's helped me before.

Ebi tak puas hati, after a few minutes decided to watch his Heroes new season, macam can die if don't watch you know. He took out the headphones and said, "I love these headphones, they're noise cancelling headphones you know, which means that I can't hear any noise" Both Yana and I looked at him with envy and mouth wide open, "Ye ke Ebi?" Really we were turning green. Immediately after he put it on, all three of us (macam tau-tau) started to talk to each other (very animated) tapi no sound, mulut aje bergerak. Ebi said "Yeah, very funny".

Then I put in a comment on Ebi's blog using Yana's laptop...after which I turned to him and said, "Ebi, I dah letak comment". He buat tak tahu (noise cancelling mah). I actually had to put this noise cancelling hphones through the ultimate test. I gave the most beautiful rendition of Sudriman's "Balik Kampung" right beside Ebi's ear. Memang sedap sangat suara I...Norman would agree. And I guess it was quite noise cancelling after all....

Penat lah nak cerita lagi, sambung besoklah.

5 comments:

Matapena said...

I don't know if this story is accurate. There might be some correction here and there. Let me see:

1. Wifi - I find it hard to believe Dino Dame DOESN'T KNOW the wifi key or AT LEAST kept it somewhere...

2. Headsets - the Bose headsets DOES work. It minimised the jhora sound effectively (Note to Yuz: MINIMISE. NOT ERADICATE).

And by the way, Yuz screaming Balik Kampung to my ear actually made Norman cry. So that's it actually!

Siti Khadijah said...

So berapa kuih you all buat. Nanti kita semua kena cari acuan jam tart yang cun.

Yuz said...

Yes Kakak, that is on my to-do list. Cita-cita tinggi :-) nak buat sikit lagi sebelum balik Perlis...so to the rest, if I find a smaller acuan, I can give you all some.
Kak Ana, you don't have to hide your stock from Ebrovski, bagilah dia makan, kesian dia.

Matapena said...

I have enough stock of my own Yuzthski...

dino dame said...

it was a good team work thus the good result.i have never made jam tarts before and it was satisfying when it turned out alright.yes,we still need to perfect them.

i will post the photo of the rolling pin in my blog.i should have taken a photo of the tepung berdaki tu.

you forgot to mention that although ebi appeared not to hear you said that you dah letak comment,he did turned to look at you and that's when you said 'takde, i nak beromen'!somehow he heard that because he rolled his eyes.