Tuesday, October 9

Minutes to bukak posa

Okay quick one. Petang tadi Papa had difficulties driving/parking his car at the porch sebab there was a van partially blocking. Van belonging to the Indian contractors renovating the house next door. He finally managed to drive in, although his car slightly scratched by a pasu bunga. Luckily Harry was around and he helped to move the pot elsewhere. Papa then got out of the car, and in true don't-mess-with-me attitude marched over and told them to not block our house ever again...I thinklah. By that time, Harry and I had already walked in.

Tahu-tahu aje ada dengar orang mencarut...Papa of course, and more swearing were excanged between that guy and him. Mak Azi asked Harry to go out and protect Papa should anything happen. I too went outside, but one of them was being very courteous...and apologized. Then I saw the culprit, when he stepped forward and started to say something to me as well...to be honest I didn't hear him, I just saw through him, apa lagi, makcik naik angin lah!! I just looked him in the eye and said "Excuse me, I don't want to talk to you, I was talking to him" He then went on and on about not wanting to respect Papa and I said, "Hello, respect from people like you is not what my father needs, thank you very much" Mother also joined in the drama, she very gila already by then. I calmed her down by saying, "Don't bother with them Mama, if they were smart and sensible, they wouldn't be doing this job". Papa asked the civilised guy to move the van so that he can then park properly. Then I saw something on the floor, a Carslberg bottle cap..BINGO.

I picked it up, turned to the guy yang baik and said, "Is this why your friend is crazy?" And he just nodded. That guy yang tadi bising bukan main terus kecut when I turned to him and said, "Hey...this is evidence okay, you have been drinking on the job, I don't care even if its not you, someone is going to take this fall".

After the nice guy moved the van, he came back and apologized again. I told him..my dad is old, you all want to drink all, go ahead, not my problem, but if anyone of you become aggressive like that ever again, I will make a police report.

Sekian sahaja episode "Drama Minggu Ini". Minggu depan kami akan kembali lagi dengan kisah yang lagi menarik....dari Bicara Lelaki..that is if I update it.

15 comments:

Siti Khadijah said...

Complain to the tuan rumah. Ask Mama to tell him. Tak boleh lah mcm ni.

yangfaz said...

Eeh geramnnya...very good you managed to grab the evidence..

But make sure Papa control as well.... I do not want anything to happen to him. This people might take revenge!

Matapena said...

Wow, this is a truly jhora drama! I could almost swear I could hear Papa scream! Hehe...

ewnict said...

you should have sang the duran-duran number...baru betoi

ewnict said...

oops.wrong post at the wrong placecan move that comment to the below post ah?

anyways, speaking of drama, kg pandan vibes yesterday mustve travelled as far as Jln Binjai yesterday when we too, had a drama in the office. an unproductive 34 year old team member who just can't cope with the load of of work in the dept decided to make a permanent exit of his career there. oh did i also mention 34 year old who can't take orders from a 27 year old asst. manager? during the tendering proceess, among the many reasons given to the head of dept included not being able to work with me. now this is a typical malay attitude having to put the blame on someone.
when confronted obviously he could not produuce evidence to support that claim and started swearing which sounded like "going in and out of the GM's office every now and then of course made you made you as an asst. manager" and "if you are so worthy out there,how come you are still stuck here?". comments as such are disturbing indeed, but coming from a person who earns half of my pay, well...it's normal.

so my reply to him was similiar to what your response was to that bugger next door. "yes. at least i made it somewhere in life, and that's y ppl like you will remain where you are for the rest of your life." having said that he began hollering angry words which obviously reflects his family upbringings.

left for the day and felt miserable of course. could not agree more than what we discussed in ebi's blog earlier. being at the top is indeed a lonely process.

well, at least it's good to know that somewhere out there, at that point of time...i wass not the only one having a bad day.

Siti Khadijah said...

Dear Ewnict,

Tempat yang ramai Melayu bekerja memang ramai punyai PhD Perasaan Hasad Dengki. Tak boleh tengok orang terer sikit mesti cuba bawa orang tu turun. Sigh... mcm mana kita nak maju..sigh sigh. Memang betul cakap Dr. MM...

Yuz said...

Hey Nani if it makes you feel any better, I've met two people in my career life who apparently have left because of me..but you know what, you'll feel bad about it for 3 seconds, then you realize that you can perform better when obstacles have been removed...and you will be happier.

Boss will really appreciate you, because sacking someone not contributing is going to be difficult.

Don't be defensive about it, just move on and work harder, you were only doing your job.

Come to think of it, actually 3 people have left because of me, one of which didn't quite make the cut, not confirmed, and asked to go. Itu yang I tahu lah. My seniors who left CGG because tak puas hato with the opportunities given to me tu I tak tahulah.

Hey, we are JHORAS, so its only natural that some people just can't get used to our ways, don't fight the force, embrace it...as in the words of Ebrovski, may the jhora force be with you...ALWAYS.

Matapena said...

Hey Nani, chin up, I think you're doing well there, and if you're not my sister in law, I would have picked you to join MAS anytime!

It seems that people are leaving the company for weird reasons. I have had one do just that when I joined, and soon, I will have another leave (although for a slightly different reason). We can't just satisfy everyone.

Ebrovski?????

Matapena said...

Err and what do you mean kisah menarik dari Bicara Lelaki, Yuz?

Anonymous said...

theres more to the story...he wanted to lempang her...hehehe...he just had to humor me yesterday.


JIM

dino dame said...

omg!sakit jiwa reading this.good form yuz...

ewnict said...

JIM...gory details of the event should not be publicised here. it will be more effective to illustrate to them during raya nanti. apa lah..kata nak jadi jhora..jhora kalau kena ada action bila cerita.so save some for later will u.

ewnict said...

madam curi...betoi kakak, tempat ramai melayu memang challenging habis...err...not intellectually challenging though,if u know what i mean.

k.yuz...thanks for the 3 seconds tip...it worked! i feel better now.

mata pena...great.when is the guy leaving? so got vacancy lah?

Matapena said...

Ha ha

Anonymous said...

Wow!!
This is some drama!!
Awat cek tak pernah dengar pasal cerita ni?!