Wednesday, January 30

Old photos

Last night I decided to actually start putting some of my old photos into an album. There were so many....I started with photos from USM. Reckoned that that would be the easiest. I realized that I have more photos of my performances (menyanyi, berlakon dan menari) and fun time (picnics, Penang bridge escapades etc.) then of me doing activities related to my actual course work. Field trips adalah a few, even then it looked like we were clowning around. No wonder lah my dean then (Prof. Aziz Tajuddin) was so worried about me and my extra-curricular activities.

A few weeks ago I received a USM Alumni magazine and I found out that two of my ex-lecturers have been appointed Deputy VC. I sent them both an email congratulating them of the new appointments. Both responded asking me to keep in touch but one of them even said, "Yes, how can we forget you, with all your singing and dancing, furthermore your sister is in UKM". He even asked if I was involved in any recent Drama Minggu Ini.

When I was in school, I grew up being in the shadow of Kak Idah..."Are you Yang Faridah's sister?" Aiyo, pressure, pressure. Now its "Are you Yang Farina's sister?" Nasib baik zaman dok kat Uni, Kakak tak famous lagi, kalau dak sure lagi pressure. But if I were given a chance t go back in time and relive my Uni days, I wouldn't change a thing.....will share photos when I get a scanner.

6 comments:

Siti Khadijah said...

Btw, Yana's Dean was asking me yesterday how is my sister. I said "She got a new job, new pay too". I said she can belanja us somemore hehe! So Yuz, u are famous too.

dino dame said...

I can't believe this! I am there at the faculty and he's asking about Yuz? Sigh...now I know why he's nice to me :P

Btw Madam, there's going to be a vacancy in the Deputy Dean position. Guess who is already eyeing for the position?

Siti Khadijah said...

Mr Glory Seeker aka Mr Glamour Digger aka Mr AH. Hehe :))

shopaholic and friends said...

photos!! i loike.

Matapena said...

Yuz, does this mean there will be `revealing' photos taken on the Penang bridge? Or photos of Kam with his misai many many years ago? Hmm...

Yuz said...

gambar you kurus pun ada ebi :-)