Friday, January 4

Pandora's Box

Kak Ana spent practically half of her day with me yesterday. One of the things she did was lie down beside me as I sorted out my accesories...we enjoyed ourselves, she laughed till she teared. She laughed so much when she realized that I have a disease...the "menyimpan" disease. She was shocked to see that I still kept ear-rings that I've had since we were in our teens. As I was going through them, she'd say things like "Remember subang yang macam pisau or arrows..." and I could actually show her a sample. Some she forced me to throw away, I would put them aside, and then after contemplating, I'd kutip balik and kept them all in our box. So I have a box of huge bling-blings from the 80s right up to th 90s, sesiapa yang nak pinjam for a theme party you know where to find me :-)

She also looked at old photos, we were trying to figure out if my convo was before or after she got married...she looked at the gold medallion cap tali kapal that she wore and immediately said, "Definitely lepas kahwn sebab aku dapat tali kapai tu just before kahwin!!". She is so funny.

By the way, just had to add that I actually have costume jewellery that once belonged to Kakak, Kak Adek, Kak Idah and Baby. Some of Kakak's beads are now back in fashion, but my daughters dah kebas.

7 comments:

yangfaz said...

Honestly when comes to costume jewellery I also have the menyimpan disease...but the sad part some of the old ones ( 80s) was taken when my apt was broken into a few years back.

Never leave home without your wedding ring!

Matapena said...

Yuz! Suggest you keep some of the evidence because I need them for my research... Mana le tau. I can almost imagine the look on Shu's face when she saw the ancient items in your possesion...

Siti Khadijah said...

Yuz,

Don't tell me you still have the black and pink plastic necklace and the yellow with white streaks beads. Oh no I think Papa has pictures of me wearing those accessories way back in 1984. Lamanye............

Yuz said...

yes kakak...the same ones. though yang kuning tu ada some inai stains, don't ask, one of dina's experiments. i truly believe that she would grow up and become a designer or fashion consultant.

mokciknab said...

Dear Che Yuz,
I feel like such an intruder reading what is essentially a blogging family circle (The Jhora Hub?) but all your posts are so funny and so refreshingly different from anything here. And a photograph of Danial will cheer up anyone). Wasn't going to post a comment, but JUST HAD TO after I saw Kam in a wet kain basahan. Please remove this incriminating picture immediately.

Congratulations on your new house! Do post pix, but make sure Kam is wearing pants.

Miss all of you! Even Ebi, haha.

Siti Khadijah said...

I just remebered this joke in UK TV, opening the pandora box = looking into Pandora's boxer shorts :))

Yuz said...

Mokciknab,
Hey no worries, feel free to drop in anytime....you qualify anyways...i've seen the jhora traits in you :-)
Bila nak update blog? Loved the roti story. i heard Linkin Park is heading your way. Tak dak plans to go ke?

Kakak,
Speaking of British humour, I too liked that scene in Nottinghill, when Hugh Grant said, "it's like i've opened Pandora's box" (or something like that. and his house mate said, "I don't think I know Pandora"