Tuesday, January 8

Red FM, good start, but you can't have it all

Okay, I just had to share this with all you beautiful people who will appreciate music from....the past two decades..age shall not be mentioned. Anyways, Kam has programmed Red FM on my radio baru-baru ni, and I just love the songs. Don't remember the frequency, but try to find it if you can. Yesterday on our drive home from her school, Dina kept on asking me this question, "Siapa nyanyi lagu ni Mummy?" As I sang the "oldies" that was played...Most of my answers were, "Entah Mummy dah lupa, Kenapa?" and she'd say, "Best lagu ni".

Yesterday was my first day at work for 2008. It also meant that it was my first day with my new role in the company. I also discovered this restaurant in Kampung Baru that serves masakan kampung. Memang best. Went with my new boss and two clients. I think I'm going to enjoy this new job.

Yesterday I also received good news. I received a Letter of Award on behalf of my previous segment. That was the final bid that I worked on last year, the person that succeeds me (still don't know who, the guy from the Houston office not coming after all) is now closer to the target.

Yesterday, Linda (a childhood friend and ex-neighbour) lost her baby boy. She was 8 months pregnant. Still born. This was her third child. Makcik Amah and Uncle Fudzil invited us over for a doa selamat. Linda was supposed to have given birth at 6.30 pm, and had been induced, but as of 10.30 pm when we left, she still hadn't given birth. Sleep well Mohd. Firdaus. Al-Fatihah....

5 comments:

Roving Soul said...

I am sorry to hear pasal Linda's boy. Al-Fatihah.

All the best with the new job :-)I am sure you will have a great year, with new home, new job, new music channel...

yangfaz said...

Red Fm channel is 104.6 or 104.9 i think and yes Yuz I also discovered the channel last week and I like the songs they play semua 80s.

Yesterday they had a quiz..Question was " in Grease the movie, Oliva joined the female group and the name was? I was driving so I could not call and give the answer.!!!!

Yuz kedai kg baru nama apa?

Sorry to hear about Linda..Mama informed me this morning. I hope she is strong coping with this...

Siti Khadijah said...

Memang best. I love to send my views via sms using my pseudonym Madam Curi. Dulu masa Cik Mie (Suhaimi) was on Friday morning mmg kelakar. Once they Had Prof. Sani to discuss snoring and he made all these sounds. Kelakar sangat

Inalillah to Mohd. Firdaus. Adalah hikmahnye.

Yuz said...

Kak Adek,
I don't know the name of the restaurant but it was jammed packed. Obviously a lot of people know of the place, even the ayam goreng was ayam kampung (tak tahulah kalau they meant ayam kampung baru).

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.