Wednesday, February 27

Sail away...never know where you're gonna end



Ebi starts his new job on Friday (update, he starts today with the new CEO) and mentioned to me that he is feeling a bit nervous....or something like that. I told him that I was excited when I started my new job back in 2005. Left my company of 9 years for career advancement ($$$). Advanced I did...in a year the company got bought by the biggest and oldest service company in the Oil & Gas industry. All worries about being in a small company vanished. All the memories about being in a big company reappeared. The past 2 years since the buy out has been so draining, but has paved the way for me to grow in leaps and bounds. But I've lost a part of me amidst the drainage, but that's part of growing up. No regrets, don't look back. The original team's disbanded, all in different parts of the world...quite sad really but that's part of growing up. No regrets, don't look back.



Point is Ebi, you know as well as I do that friends and colleagues come and go, but people like your wife's father's elder brother's youngest daughter and family will always be around. And in the case of your wife's father's elder brother's youngest daughter, being around for more than half your life can be excruciating.

To Ebi, all the best in your new job. Hey, its not the first time that you have to start all over again right? All the best, may the force be with you. Will you impress them? Impress them, will you? Impress them, you will! You will impress them!! The choice is yours...

6 comments:

Matapena said...

Aww Yuz, thanks for the encouraging words. I admit to the slight nervousness but it's because it dawned on me that this won't be easy. But excited? Yes!

I should have told tou earlier, but on Thursday they called me and asked me to start on Monday together with the new CEO. The Chairman wants to introduce me to the management board together. Sigh.

Now I'm nervous.

yangfaz said...

Yuz ..the last part sounded like Zig Ziglar

dino dame said...

You'll be fine.
You know your capabilities.
Good luck Ebi...

Siti Khadijah said...

Good Luck Ebi! Change is a constant in life.....

Matapena said...

Wah got pictures now!

Tks. I will just do it. What else can I do but do it.... yeah.

dino dame said...

i love that first picture...